Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Telling my parents

So, when we found out the whole going to have a baby thing, I was kind of really sad that I wasn't going to be able to see my parents reaction to the news because there's just no way we could afford to fly out to Phoenix for this. Sure we could tell Tucker's parents in person (and we did while on a hike at some really cool waterfalls), but I'm sort of selfish and wanted to tell my parents in a special way too. Well, after telling my sister and having her help me come up with some cute ideas, I settled on sending a package to them with a small gift to let them know. But I still wanted to see their reaction, so I enlisted the help of a friend from our home ward, and rather than sending the package directly to my parents house, I sent it to the friend's (Doris) who was going to take it over to my grandma's house the following sunday while my parents were with her eating dinner. Doris even agreed to take a video of the whole thing, and I finally got it uploaded to youtube, so here it is!

Clicky-clicky

Personally my favorite part is my grandma's reaction ("Oh, crap."), but it makes me cry every time I watch this because my mommy cries :). Anywho, enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, I love your mom. Your grandma cracks me up. I hope you guys are visiting at Christmas so I can see you!

Brittany Evans said...

Oh, what an awesome idea!! We had to tell both sets of our parents over the phone, and I wish we could have seen their reaction! I'm so happy for you guys! And your Grandma is hilarious! :)

The Petersons said...

So fun! My parent's kind of have non-reactions. Some tears would be nice! HA!