Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Few Frustrations

I definitely love being a mom, but the past couple days have been really hard.  I came down with some dang head cold thing that Tucker got while we were in the hospital, and so all that I've wanted to do is sleep.  Nettie was cooperating with this desire for about a day, but the past two days or so, she won't sleep anywhere but in my arms or laying on my chest.  This makes sleeping fairly uncomfortable for me because I have to prop myself up and then can't move the entire night either, leading to some annoying back and neck pain the following morning.

On top of all this, Nettie seems to have regressed a little bit with the whole nursing thing.  She'll start rooting around to eat, and then when said nipple (yes, I said nipple) is in her wide open mouth she'll do this bounce off my boob thing with her face and will open and close her mouth, but won't latch on and will then scream because she's not getting anything to eat. 

In the middle of the night when I try to feed her in my sickness and sleep-deprived zombie state, I/we end up soaking just about everything that both of us are wearing, and that's really annoying too, cause then we're both cold and I have to change us, and it makes more laundry, which is hard to do because we don't have a washer and dryer in our apartment, but have to go to the laundry facilities at our complex or lug it all to one of my sister-in-laws homes to use their machines, which I then feel bad about just because.

Hopefully this will only last a couple days and Nettie will go back to being the perfect baby that she was.  And I really, really, really hope she doesn't catch what I have right now......... that would not be fun at all.

2 comments:

The Petersons said...

You're doing great! You will go through so many progessions and digressions in the next couple of months, it will make your head spin. Just when you think you've got it right, you'll hit a growth spurt or teething or the wretched day light savings time. She will get sick, you will get sick. She'll probably fall off the bed or down the stairs (guilty-twice). It's okay to be frustrated, never feel too bad about it because at the end of the day, you are doing the most important thing in the world and if it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be so rewarding.

Cathryn said...

I'm so sorry you're sick! How miserable!! Good luck with the nursing thing. Luke does that too, sometimes, especially when he's tired or super hungry...I'm trying to think of what helps, but nothing's really coming to mind. Good luck! Hang in there!