Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Suprise :)

So we got quite the shock yesterday when we went in for our first ultrasound yesterday.  We were just hoping for a normal, healthy baby (girl would have been nice too) but was told that we've got TWO normal, healthy babies growing right now.  Identical.  Oh... and boys.

INSANE.

I'm still not sure if the whole thing is real, but seeing the two of them squirming around inside yesterday is a hard thing to forget.  It's amazing how much this surprise has changed how we're having to think about things.  I'm still not entirely sure how it will all work out (or if I will ever have sleep again), but as long as both of them get here healthy and everything continues to go smooth, I won't complain.  Or well.. I'll keep my complaining to a minimum.  Ok, so probably not, but I won't go complaining publicly.  That's the best I can do.

It's really funny; on our trip this past week with Tucker's family, he and I talked about how many kids we actually wanted to end up having.  I honestly wasn't sure how well I was going to handle two munchkins running around, cause while Nettie is a sweetheart, she still doesn't listen very well and can be a handful.  So we decided we probably would be done with this "set" of kids for 3-4 years and then see if we wanted to do another couple later on.  Welp... that's certainly changed now, haha!

But I'm not going into this twins thing completely inexperienced.  For a couple months earlier this year (just before I found out I was pregnant actually) I was babysitting twin boys whose parents are both in Tucker's lab working on their degrees.  Guess Heavenly Father knew Nettie and I needed a little time to prepare for our additions to our family.

I still stop every few minutes and think about the fact that there's two babies inside me rather than just one, and I can't help but shake my head, just completely stunned.

Guess we better actually start getting together a list of names of the boys, all we had come up with was the name we wanted for our next girl cause we (or at least I) was so set on having a little sister for Nettie, haha!  This is what I get for trying to will that situation into existence.


1 comment:

The Petersons said...

Crazy!! It's going to be an adventure!