Monday, May 12, 2008

Overdue Update

First off, I guess I should apologize for the HUGE break in posts here on our blog; but I promise that we'll do a better job (cross your fingers).

Since last time we posted, not much has really changed. The end of March was pretty fun. We had both of our birthdays, Tucker's parents came to town, and we decided to get a pet! The day before Tucker's birthday (March 29th) we got a guinea pig that we named ChuCho, and we both loved him so much. Sadly, he died suddenly almost 4 weeks after we got him. We felt that something was missing without a pet in our lives, so we decided to get another guinea pig (ChanCho) who died as well only 2 days after we got him. So, a little hesitant, we tried one last time and got Chorizo.

The semester ended well, and this past week we went to California with my family courtesy of my parents. We hit up Disneyland and then spent a couple days on the beach in San Diego. It was such a great vacation; just the break that we needed. When we got home yesterday though, we found out that Chorizo(picture here to the right) had died on Thursday. Needless to say we're sad about it, but we're also a little upset. We went through 3 guinea pigs in less than 2 months, all the while taking care of them extremely well. There was no reason for any one of the guinea pigs to die, so we think that there might be something wrong with Petsmart because that's where we got all three of them. We've decided to hold off on getting another pet for awhile, mostly because it's not fun being constantly afraid to look at the cage because the animal might be dead. But it's ok, we'll try again eventually.

Other than that, we're both just going to be working this summer. Tucker's got like four jobs on campus. One's his sensory lab job which he's had for a long time, then also he's started working in the library as a janitor. On top of that he's going to be working on two different research things; one to help his professor/boss finish up her PhD and the other is a competition to make a new dairy product. I finally quit my job at Apx and got hired on by the city of Springville at the local pool as a Shift Manager. So I'm really stoked cause I get to be back around water, but I've actually got some power (no, I won't let it go to my head).

We'll keep you guys updated on everything else, and try to post at least once a week. Have a great summer!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lauren! Its Lindsey I found your blog. So, I'm in Provo, can we PLEASE do lunch sometimes? Maybe you guys should get a goldfish...