Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Been Awhile...

To those of you that actually read our blog, I apologize for the two week break that we've had in our posting... my excuse is that work is very tiring and Tucker's excuse is that he never knows what to say on here. But all excuses aside, here goes.

I'm pretty sure that the most major thing that's happened since my last post was the Fourth of July. And not gonna lie, our BBQ was a total blast! The only drawback that we had with the whole thing is the fact that we don't have air conditioning, so when Tucker started to heat up the big pot of oil to fry the wings, our apartment quickly became unbearable. So we moved everything over to our neighbor's (Austin and Michelle) backyard, which surprisingly was much cooler than being inside. The food was great, and hanging out with all our friends that we don't get to see very often was even better. After all that we did fireworks (more than one little plastic green army man melted that night), and then when all but Scott, Cathryn, Jared, and Heidi had gone home, we watched episodes of The Office. Such a great night.

The day after we eventually got everything cleaned up and then we decided to drive up to Ikea for a "date". It's always fun to go walk around that store, and we even came away with a dresser for our bedroom so that we have a place for all of our clothes, and then on the way home we got a new guinea pig!!!! It was a great surprise. His name is Chimichanga, but we call him Chimi for short, and he's got the coolest/craziest hair I've ever seen on a guinea pig. Hopefully he'll live longer than the rest of our attempts at having a pet, and we've already decided that if he dies as well, that we're just going to give up on the whole having a pet thing.



That's basically it, except for the news that I'm just as fast at swimming as I was my senior year of high school... not necessarily as in shape, but in a race today that I did with some other girls at work, I got the same time that I usually got back in my prime. Pretty sweet! Now I just have to get back in shape, which I've been working on for the past couple weeks, so it's only a matter of time before I'm able to swim more than a 200 without getting short of breath.

No comments: