Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise

For some reason, the week this far has been full of leg injuries. Not for me or Tucker, but man, it's kind of ridiculous. For example, Sunday at the start of Relief Society, the pianist was getting up from just playing the opening hymn and immediately sat back down on the bench and started.. not really yelling, but very loudly saying 'Ow!' over and over. She dislocated her knee. But she ended up just borrowing one of the many wheelchairs that were available in the room and went with her husband to a different room so she could recover.

Monday rolled around, and I can't remember if I said this in a previous post, but I don't have to teach the last session of swimming lessons, so I was the supervisor on duty and a lady came to the front desk and told us that someone just slipped on our bleachers (which are cement, and so when wet like they are during lessons, are also slippery) and hurt her ankle. So I went out with another guard and looked at the lady's ankle.... it was obviously broken, and she was going into shock. So we took care of her best as we could until the paramedics arrived (I even splinted her leg with a pillow) and then passed her off to them. That was pretty exciting. Thank goodness for first aid training. But that's all for exciting leg injury stories.

I also finally got around to finalizing my classes for this fall. Though I'm not really happy with some of the times, but everything else was taken. But I'm really excited, cause I'm taking a beginning Russian class, so maybe I can start talking to Tucker in code.. or at least another language, might as well be code though. Not excited about having to take the bus to campus every day though.

And as some of you know, the last book of the Twilight series came out (Breaking Dawn), and I bought the book off one of the other girls that I work with after she finished it (she's moving to Hawaii and didn't want to have to pack it). I'll admit, it was a good, entertaining story just like the first three books; not the best written book ever, but the series kept me entertained for a week and even helped make my dreams pretty action packed which was a nice change. If you're looking for a good story and don't mind some angsty teenage drama with vampires thrown in the mix, then I would definitely recommend the series to you (and will even lend you my books).

Ah yes, before I close, I am blond again. Pretty exciting, huh? *Pictures to come soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Lauren,
I hate Twilight with a passion that can't be compared to most things. But I love you.

Ryan said...

that's awesome that you got to use your first aid skills! I'm jealous.