Friday, March 13, 2009

Tomorrow's going to be one heck of a day

Tomorrow's date is March 14th, for those of you oblivious to calendars, and as the title of this post suggests..... it's going to be insane, or maybe I'll just be insane.

My midterm for my anatomy lab starts tomorrow at 8am and closes at 5pm (I can show up anytime during those hours to take the test). I think I'll do ok on the test, but honestly, I feel like I should have been reviewing everything I've learned this far for the past three weeks. There's just so much information, that I don't think I'll be able to remember it all. And while this test won't be horrible, it'll be bad enough to make me not want to do anything else all day, but lucky me, I have some anatomy homework that needs to get done this weekend........ stupid, never-ending class.

But yeah, while I'm stressing a little about this test, the thing that I'm stressing the most about for tomorrow is this 5k that I'm running. That's right folks, I'm 'running' a 5k. And this race starts at 9am... pretty much it cuts into valuable midterm taking time. But the thing is, nearly all of the anatomy students will be participating in this race due to the fact that we can get some serious extra credit points for doing it. Basically, if we register for the race we get 10 points. If we actually show up and run the race, we get 15 points. And if we run the race and beat our professor (who is running it), we get 20 points. That's HUGE!!! Especially when the only other way is to take a quiz every week that you can only miss one on for a grand total of one point extra credit per quiz (sucks, I know, though it sucks more when you miss two questions).

So my strategy for tomorrow is to show up, survive the 5k (because honestly, I haven't been running in months), and then drag myself over to the anatomy lab to take this beast of a test. I really must be stupid for doing this, but hey, I get a shirt for doing the 5k, so that's pretty cool. Anywho, wish me luck, and I'll report back on how tomorrow's events go for you probably next week sometime.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it the Rex Lee Run? I thought about doing it but never got around to signing up and so now I probably won't do it.
Hey, tomorrow is Pi day, so go eat some pie after your test! It'll make you feel better.

Katie Smith said...

I love running 5ks and i love the shirts!! good luck!!