Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birthday Week!!!

So I know I said before that I would update everyone (well... anyone who even reads this anymore) on how the 5k went, but school kind of took over until about 330 this afternoon. The 5k went about as well as I expected it to. And surprisingly, I actually enjoyed it. Of course, I walked about half of it seeing as I did no training whatsoever to get ready for it. I think I'll sign up to do another one though, and yes, I'm actually running now.... well, I haven't for about a week or so now because of a sore throat and some congestion. But I promise that once those clear up, I'll be back out there.

But yeah, as of wednesday, I am officially 22!! Gettin' up there; I know. I didn't expect the day to be all that great mostly because of the fact that I was going to be doing stuff constantly all day long, but the day actually went better than I had hoped. I forgot to set my alarm Tuesday night, so I woke up late which put me in a bad mood right off (but in reality I was really glad that I got to sleep in a little), and then I had my dumb anatomy lab for three hours (but I left early so I could get ready for Activity Day). Activity Day was at 330 that afternoon, and the sweet Primary president brought cupcakes for everyone and they sang me happy birthday. The activity itself was funner than I thought it would be; we "egged" the bishop's house, or in other words, we heart-attacked him with paper easter eggs. Then when I got to work that night, my friends had balloons, a whopper from Burger King, and a crazy weird birthday song waiting for me (they're pretty much the best co-workers/friends ever).

So all in all, my birthday was actually a good one. My parents sent me a movie I wanted and a couple cute shirts, and Tucker got a movie from them for his birthday too. We also got a flippin' awesome ice cream scoop from Katie and Shad, which I tested out, and it's pretty much amazing (thanks Katie!!!) My little sister Jenna though, she was definitely my favorite person this week. She brought me floors and an oreo pie on Tuesday night, Thursday she took me out to lunch at Chipotle (which we drove all the way to Sandy for), and Friday she and my brother Jeff to me to see BYU's rendition of Macbeth (which was set in Book of Mormon times........ yes, it was most definitely a horrible play. I give them props for trying though.. the acting just wasn't that good). Basically I love my little sister a ton!!

Well, I think that's about it for now. Oh, Tucker went on a campout last night with the teacher's in our ward (dumb, I know... it's still freezing cold outside here), and poor Tucker didn't take enough stuff to keep him warm, so he froze all night and didn't get any sleep at all. I'm just waiting for him to come home from school right now so that he can sleep the rest of today and tonight. Poor guy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday(s)! Glad you could have so much fun. So, when are we going to have a girls night and see He's Just Not That Into You.

Jenna said...

Best post ever. I was wondering when you were going to talk about me, it was making me sad:)