Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer Plans

Ok, so it's been a couple days longer than a week since I last updated; my bad. I've either been too busy or too tired these past few days to have written something. But hopefully now that I'm starting to settle into my new routine/schedule, I'll do better in the future.

So, last week I finally started working again (hallelujah!) and I'm really liking it. I work mostly in the mornings and a majority of the time for each of my shifts is spent in the water teaching swim lessons (which I am loving). Some days I don't enjoy spending four hours in the water so much, but teaching and swimming are two things that I love, so most days I don't mind too much at all. The staff at my new job are all great. Everyone's just laid back and good humored, so it makes for a nice work environment.

In other news, we got to hang out with some of our friends this past weekend. Scott and Cathryn were in town (they're living down in Richfield for the summer) and so we had made plans with them to go to dinner or something, and then a few hours before we were supposed to meet up with them, Leah Dymock called us and asked if we wanted to hang out. So... we combined our plans and all went over to Ryan and Leah's for dinner and games. We had a blast playing games and just chatting (and watching Samantha crawl all over the place), and dinner was excellent. But we also made some more plans for this summer with all of them.

Tucker's really excited about all these plans, so I'll go in chronological order and do my best to remember/guess the dates for these things. This Saturday, Ryan and Leah are moving back up to Provo, so Tucker and I will help them with that. Then on the last Friday night of June (the 27th, I think), we're all going to drive up to Park City to go walk through some mini art galleries. The next time that we're all going to meet up again is the Fourth of July, and more than likely we'll be having a bbq. We'll probably have more than just the afore mentioned people at this since Jared will be in town and we all want to see Heidi again. Plus, Tucker wants to make steaks and wings, and boy-howdy, people will not want to miss out on that! Next, either the weekend of July 11th or 18th, we'll all be meeting down at the Matheson's in Richfield to go camping. I'm pretty sure that we're all stoked for this one cause Scott says he's got some amazing places picked out to go to. So, that's all that we've got planned... for now. More than likely we'll be doing more stuff, but by the time we had all this sorted out on Saturday night, it was way past my bedtime and the Matheson's had a two hour drive ahead of them. So needless to say, this will be an awesome summer.

Oh yeah!! And we are probably going to fly out to North Carolina for about a week at the end of the summer to spend time with family and also to go to one of our friend's wedding/reception. We're way excited for that. But I'm also bummed a little cause that means I won't get to make another trip down to Phoenix, but we'll get to go down for Thanksgiving, so it's all good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you have links to mine and Alicia's blogs but not Jenna's ;) Your summer plans sound fun!

alirara said...

That sounds way fun. Yay for adventurous summers.