Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Making a Couple Goals

Lately I've been trying to be better about exercising and such. I swim a mile twice a week, and I've started running again.......... which I'm not the happiest about, but whatevs. I've never really been a big fan of running, as is apparent by my choice in sports in high school: swimming and softball (in which running was for very short distances). But since I've been out of high school and am not actively training myself for something, I have gotten "soft", which bothers me a whole lot.

So, I've decided to set a goal for myself that will keep me motivated to exercise. I'm going to run in the Rex Lee Run this next spring at BYU. I've never really run in a race like this before, but it's always been something that I've wanted to do. So I'm going to do it. I'll only be doing a 5k (about 3 miles), but that's farther than anything I've run in one go ever.. should be fun.

Being motivated to eat better is something that both me and Tucker are going to need to work on. We're not very good about getting our veggies and fruit everyday, so I'm going to try to be better about that, and any suggestions for making veggies taste better would be welcome cause me and Tucker are both kind of picky when it comes to the green stuff.

But yeah, I really want any one out there who reads this to hold me to my goal of running in the race. Shun me if I don't keep training for it!

2 comments:

Cathryn said...

Lauren! I wish we could train together! I really want to run the Rex Lee in the spring, too. I was going to train for it last year, but Scott thinks it's kind of silly... (he runs like 4 miles every time he runs), so I didn't get too motivated. And we're trying to eat better, too! I've got another blog where I keep posting recipes I'm collecting, and I've been on a summer veggies kick right now. It's here: http://noshingnotions.blogspot.com/You should try the ratatouille--it's really yummy and really easy. And you should like join it and post good recipes you find, too! I'll see if I can figure out how to add you :)

Katie Smith said...

once you get into running, you will really enjoy it! i ran in a 5K this weekend, and am glad that i finished. and now i have an awesome new t-shirt to go running in!! just make sure you have some good shoes. good luck!