Saturday, September 6, 2008

Vacation Recap

K, so it's been long enough since the last time that I posted, guess I should get back into this whole thing; I did promise Katie I would, after all.

Our trip back to the East coast was pretty awesome, even if it did rain almost every day that we were out there. But we didn't let that get us down. Our first day out there, Lois and Brad took me, Tucker and Scott out to this lake that a couple in their ward lived by. I got my first experience with kayaking and a majority of my time doing it, I was going around in circles. It's a shame that I forgot my camera that day cause I could have gotten some hilarious pictures. Mid-way through this activity it started to rain pretty hard, so we went home.

The following day we went to Chimney Rock, again in the rain, and for all of you from the West side of the country, the mountain range out there is not called the 'Appalasion' mountain range, it's the 'Appalachian' mountains. I've been saying it wrong my entire life. Anywho, Chimney Rock. It was pretty cool being there, we had fun walking around up there, can't say that I've spent that much time up in a cloud before.After Scott's girlfriend, Stephanie, finally got out to South Carolina, we drove up to Wilmington to spend the rest of the week with the whole Smith clan. I really like it out there, well, if you take out all the stinkin humidity, I would like it even more. But holy cow! That humidity is horrible! I think it's kind of funny that people think I'm crazy for living in Phoenix with the 110 degree weather, but honestly, I can't understand why people don't mind the humidity.

But yeah, we went to the beach while we were there. I got the opportunity to try body-surfing again, I'm still not very good at it. And Tucker got to see a couple of his friends out there. But the main reason that we went out to North Carolina in the first place was to go to Adam Wilson's wedding. He and his wife Wanda were sealed in the Raleigh temple, and it was a pretty cool ceremony because it was done in both English and Spanish. Wanda looked absolutely beautiful, and Adam didn't look half bad either.

We had tons of fun while we were out there; it's always great to spend time with family, especially because we don't get to see them very often. But by the time the week was over, Tucker and I were ready to be home again. The only bad thing about coming home though, was the fact that rain followed us. It was freezing (well, not technically freezing, but it was a whole lot colder than when we had left a week earlier) when we got home, so it made if feel like we'd been gone for a really long time.

But now school's started again, and thus far, things look like they're going to be good this semester. Honestly, I'm just glad to be back in school period; taking a year off sucked big time. I'm taking a beginning Russian class this semester, and me and Tucker are both really excited about it. It's fun to actually be able to learn things from Tucker about the language. I know that it's going to be quite a while until I can actually understand well enough to carry on any kind of conversation, but I think it'll be fun. Maybe someday when we actually have the time and money, Tucker and I can take a trip back to Russia to visit people and places that Tucker knows.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That guy in the last photo looks familiar, I don't know why. Who is he? I feel like maybe he is a friend of a friend...