Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday's Suck

Yeah, Monday's are probably my least favorite day of the week. It's on Monday's that my schedule and Tucker's overlaps horribly. I get up and go to school at 7 and get home around noon. Tucker on the other hand leaves around 9 for school and doesn't get home till right before 6, which is just after I have to be at work..... it's retarded. The only times that I see him are when I'm getting ready in the morning while he's still asleep and then after I get home from work at 9. At least it helps me to remember how much I appreciate having him around.

In other news, I had a meeting for Activity Day to think up new things to do. And for those of you that don't know what Activity Day is, it's basically Young Women's but for the girls who are between ages 8 and 11; a warm up for Young Women's, if you will. It's taken me a little while to really get into this calling, though I haven't had it for very long. I think I was just concerned that the girls wouldn't like me, or I wouldn't be able to come up with activities that they would find fun, etc. But I'm starting to feel more comfortable in it, and I think that me and Ashley (the other leader) do a pretty good job coming up with activities. At our last activity, I taught the girls how to do cross stitch, and I wasn't sure if they were old enough to understand it, but it's something they can do for one of their Duty to God requirements, so we tried it out. I challenged the girl's to keep working on it, and told them that Stake and General Conferences were good times to work on it, but I didn't really think that any of them would actually continue with this. Lo and behold though, last week was Stake Conference, and there was more than one girl that came to show me their cross stitch that they had brought with them to work on! It's funny how things like that can make you feel so happy. I'm was just glad that they actually understood my intructions well enough to keep doing it by themselves. But hey, if any body has any ideas for activities that I can do with the girls, let me know!

And to end my little shpeel today, I'd like to recommend to all you out there pandora.com. It's a totally amazing site that Tucker first introduced to me. Basically it's a music site that sort of "creates" radio station for you. You enter a band or a song and the website plays songs for you that are similar to the one that you entered. I love it!! I put it on while I'm at work, and when I'm at home by myself (cause I hate it when our apartment is quiet). Check it out.

Well.... Dasvidania!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Russian is astounding me. PS, I just feel like maybe I've met Tucker's bro before, perhaps I was his TA, perhaps he was dating someone I know... its going to drive me crazy until I remember, does he even go to BYU because maybe I'm secretly insane, or not secretly...

Unknown said...

Oh, I also have to say that I too heart Pandora. It has enriched my music experience in many ways.