Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Final Countdown

Well, my due date has come and gone (the 29th), which sucks, but I was prepared for that possibility.  My parents and little sister were all here in town this weekend and it was really, really good to spend some time with them since it's been about a year since I've seen them.  They left Monday morning to drive up to see my older brother Jeff and his wife Rachel for a couple days in Rochester, and then sometime during the week they'll head down to New Jersey to see my older brother Mike and his wife and daughter (who is about 6 months older than Baby).  They'll be back down here in Raleigh though at the end of this weekend to spend just about a week with Tucker and I and little Baby, who will for sure be making her appearance by Sunday night or early Monday morning.

That's right, the induction is scheduled.  Sunday June 5th I'm set to go in at 830pm to be induced if I haven't gone in to labor before then.  I had a doctor's appointment this morning to get "checked", and not gonna lie, it was majorly uncomfortable and even just a tad painful.  We found out that I'm basically not dilated at all, but I am 75% effaced (which I'm still not completely sure what that means even after my sis-in-law Katie explained it to me) so that's apparently good.

Now while I'm ok with waiting till Sunday for things to get rolling, I'd much rather have something happen earlier than that, so Thursday night when Tucker and I head up to Durham to play D&D Katie (my sister-in-law) is going to have a delicious (ha!) caster oil milkshake waiting for me.  Yum yum.... haha!  While I'm sure this will be gross, I'm totally fine with trying it just to see if it jump starts labor for me, cause that'd be nice.  Yeah.  And if nothing happens after drinking it, then oh well.  It doesn't hurt to try!

So anyways, that's about it I guess.  We're pretty much just killing time now and twiddling our fingers.  Hopefully the song "The Final Countdown" doesn't stay stuck in my head all week, cause it's been playing in my head all morning so far.

No comments: