Saturday, May 7, 2011

A lovely Saturday

Yesterday while I was waiting for our laundry to finish up in the dryers I drove around our neighborhood a little bit to figure out exactly where the parks were near us (so that I can go there in a couple months with Baby and take walks).  I decided that instead of doing basically nothing today (Saturday), I would bribe Tucker to go on a walk with me at a trail near our apartment by first going on a picnic.  Now, for most people, a picnic is probably not really much of a bribe, but to Tucker, picnic = KFC.  I guess that's the only time that he ever really had it as a kid--and as an adult, as well, I suppose. 

Back before we were married, we tried to have a KFC picnic once at Rock Canyon Park (I think that's what it's called... the park behind the Provo Temple), but it was totally crashed by bees, and I'm pretty sure I made Tucker pack everything up and we ate at his apartment.  Bee free's the way to be!

Anywho, the weather was perfect, the area was beautiful, and there weren't any bees!  Most excellent picnic.  I even remembered to take some pictures while we were there.

The delicious spread.

The colossal 'jug' of lemonade.

Aw, so cute!

Yeah.........

And I thought the lemonade container was colossal, haha!

Our picnic spot.  See?!  Totally beautiful.

No comments: